Memorial University of Newfoundland - Family Medicine - Central Stream
Please refer to the Curriculum and Information sections.
Do we have an urban stream?
While we don’t have an ‘urban’ stream, our Eastern training stream provides the vast majority of training in our urban center — St. John’s, NL. Please see the Eastern Stream information.
- Once matched into a training stream, residents receive a list of choices that are centered around that stream.
- All residents matched to the stream rank their template preferences and indicate any special considerations that should be taken into account.
- The training streams allow residents to move to an area of the province and complete the vast majority of their training locally.
- Residents will travel outside of their training stream if a learning experience is not available locally.
- Templates that are based around program streams have resulted in much less resident travel!
Do we have any Enhanced Skills programs?
Residency positions are contingent on funding, but normally the following positions are available within the Enhanced Skills programs:
- Emergency Medicine – 4-6 residents per year
- Care of the Elderly – 1 x 12 month position per year
- Care of Underserved Populations – 1 x 12 month position per year