Memorial University of Newfoundland - Pediatrics - St. John's
- Moderately-sized program
- No Subspecialty residents therefore giving our residents early transition to independence
- Excellent faculty to resident ratio which facilitates individualized learning and enhanced opportunities for observation and feedback
- Our main training site is the Janeway Children’s Hospital and Rehabilitation Center, located in St. John’s, one of the oldest cities in North America
- We have amazing access to outdoor activities from hiking, biking to iceberg and whale watching
- Newfoundland and Labrador is acknowledged for its hospitality and warm culture which we have fostered in our collegial resident and faculty community
- Janeway Tour
Do our residents have success in getting fellowships?
Yes, our residents have great success obtaining the fellowships of their choice. We offer a solid three year program that is a great foundation for fellowship. On average half of our residents go on to sub-specialty training each year.
How is call structured?
We use a traditional model for call as opposed to a night-float system. Call frequency is about 1 in 4 with graded call allowing residents in their senior years to do less than in their junior years.
What is your favorite aspect of living in NL?
The people, but also opportunity for outdoor activities including hiking, skiing and boating.