Northern Ontario School of Medicine - Psychiatry - Thunder Bay
- A comprehensive understanding of the cultural, geographic and socioeconomic determinants of mental disorders in a Northern urban, rural or remote clinical setting.
- A unique and challenging learning experience.
- Unparalleled preceptor support from physicians committed to practicing in Northern Ontario.
- Early integration as a key member of a health care team dedicated to professionalism, high quality patient care and excellent medical education.
- Commitment to resident learning.
- Self-directed, learner-centered training to meet your career goals.
- Exposure to the culture and social fabric of Francophone and Indigenouscommunities.
- Financial support from NOSM for resident travel to and from core clinical placements away from the home base and all mandatory educational activities at non home base locations.
- Housingsupport from NOSM for core rotations away from primary residence.
- Opportunity to participate in research under expert guidance.
- Funding available from NOSM for research, professional development and conferences.
- Access to advanced technology and informatics in residency training.
- 24/7 access to electronic search engines, electronic indexes as well as an extensive collection of electronic medical/health journals and textbooks.
- Exceptional lifestyle balance with a wide variety of outstanding Northern Ontario recreational opportunities.
Applications will only be accepted through the CaRMS R-1 Match application process.