University of Alberta - Anesthesiology - Edmonton
- We have four major training sites (University of Alberta Hospital, Royal Alexandra Hospital, Grey Nuns Community Hospital and Misericordia Community Hospital) that provide a wide variety of surgical and trauma exposure.
- Our small program size, with few fellows, allows for early resident involvement in advanced case work.
- Our large catchment area encompassing adjacent provinces and territories increases resident exposure to less common presentations and pathology.
- We will have fully adopted the Royal College’s Competence by Design (CBD) initiative by July 2021.
- Edmonton is the northernmost major city in Canada, making it Canada’s Gateway to the North.
- We are close enough to the Rocky Mountains for day trips.
- Edmonton’s river valley boasts 7,300 hectares of green space within the city, with an extensively developed trail system for walking, running and biking.
- Edmonton is an affordable city in which to live and raise a family.
- Nicknamed Canada’s Festival City, Edmonton has more than 30 annual events highlighting its thriving arts and cultural scene.
Do I need to do an elective at one of the U of A clinical sites to receive a residency interview?
Is the CASPer test a requirement as part of the application process?
What is the interview format?
All interviews will be conducted online for CaRMS 2021. Candidates who receive an interview invitation will have two interview sessions of 25 minutes each.