University of Alberta - Psychiatry - Edmonton
- We offer child, geriatric and forensic subspecialty training.
- We have a wide variety of psychotherapy opportunities.
- Ours is a large centre with varied opportunities, but we retain a community feel.
- Our program team is always readily available.
- There are significant job opportunities post-graduation.
- Edmonton is a metropolitan city steeped in an artistic culture, featuring an incredibly diverse food scene and opportunities for exploration.
- We have a highly collegial and friendly resident body.
- Our teaching staff is friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming.
How many spots are available in the program?
We take nine Canadian Medical Graduates (CMGs) and one Alberta International Medical Graduate (AIMG).
What is the call frequency?
One in seven, on average, with decreasing frequency in a resident’s senior years.
How much elective time do residents receive?
At present, the program offers 17 four-week blocks.
How can residents increase their involvement in the program?
We have numerous committees and we encourage resident participation.