University of Calgary - Dermatology - Calgary
The Dermatology Residency Program at the U of C offers:
- An enthusiastic faculty that is committed to excellence in clinical medicine, research and medical education.
- A very collegial work environment that promotes inclusiveness, equity and transparency.
A comprehensive and flexible educational program in the field of dermatology that includes:
- Numerous opportunities for basic science and clinical research;
- Protected time to enable attendance at weekly dermatology academic half day sessions which include
- faculty led morphology rounds, dermatopathology sessions, didactic lectures and resident led patient viewing rounds and Bolognia chapter reviews;
- Weekly adult & pediatric medical grand rounds and biweekly dermatopathology multiheaded microscope rounds;
- Dermatopathology teaching from 6.5 FTE dermatopathologists working at a single site;
- Bimonthly surgical skills teaching labs using cadavers;
- Multidisciplinary and specialty clinics in cutaneous surgical oncology, cutaneous lymphoma, pediatric dermatology, transplant dermatology, autoimmune bullous diseases, vascular birthmarks, patch testing, pediatric rheumatology and cutaneous wounds;
- Funding support for conference travel in the core dermatology years as well as funding support for research presentations;
- Average weekly city-wide on-call of 1 in 8 for urgent hospital and community based dermatology consultations;
- Ratio of residents to faculty during core dermatology years of 1.5:1;
- Ample elective time allowing the candidate to choose rotations based on their career goals;
- The opportunity to pursue interprovincial and international electives.