University of Ottawa - Anesthesiology - Ottawa
- Our residency program prides itself on a long track record of being national leaders in Anesthesia education. The department has many highly enthusiastic teachers on staff who are deeply committed to resident education.
- The 135 faculty members in Ottawa provide a wide breadth of leaders not only in education but also in research innovation and a world class quality and patient safety program.
- We are committed to fostering a close support relationship between faculty and residents through our social activities, Mentorship and Wellness programs.
- The Ottawa anesthesia program offers flexibility and accessibility wherein we are small enough to individualize each resident's experience while also being large enough to offer a full range of anesthesia experiences.
- Particular strengths of the Ottawa program include an innovative pilot Competency Based Medical Education training program.
- Our residency training program benefits greatly from our national leaders in sub-specialty training including: regional anesthesia, pediatric anesthesia, cardiac anesthesia, Pain Medicine, Thoracic, vascular and obstetrical anesthesia, as well as a vibrant POCUS program.
- Our simulation program is a national leader in innovative programs to support residents training in Crisis Management and managing rare events.
Program application language: English
Please be sure you have reviewed and understood the requirements for your application before submitting. Photo must be a passport size.
In addition, all candidates must meet the Ontario criteria of eligibility.
Reference documents — required
Letter of reference — Maximum number accepted: 3
Join our Town Hall
Please visit our program website and social media platforms for upcoming events such as a townhall (time and date TBA) for applicants and links to a video series showcasing our training program.