University of Saskatchewan - Orthopedic Surgery - Saskatoon
- We have a well established culture of teaching among all the orthopedic surgical faculty.
- We have 'in person' teaching rounds on a daily basis.
- There is a collegial relationship between faculty and residents.
- We have subspecialty trained surgeons in all areas of orthopedics.
- Residents are actively involved in improving the quality of the program.
Please watch our promotional video!
How many residents do you take every year?
We take two CMG candidates and no IMG.
What are your attitudes and policies towards female applicants?
We evaluate each candidate separate from any gender considerations. Our program has been 50% female for the last 5 years.
Do you have fellowship programs?
We have no fellowship programs which means residents do not have to share operative time.
What is the cost of living in Saskatoon?
The housing market is very accessible and many residents own their house during residency.
How easy is it to get a fellowship after residency?
- Our residents have success at getting their desired fellowship in the location of their choice.
- We have a summer retreat to welcome new residents.
- We foster a team environment where all members are appreciated and have a voice.
- The city is big enough to have many amenities and small enough to avoid big city problems like long commutes.
- Our two main orthopedic hospitals are closely located and easily accessible.