University of Toronto - Medical Microbiology - Toronto
- Large volume and wide spectrum of clinical material
- There are opportunities for interprovincial and international electives while training in our program
- There are no mandatory rural rotations
- The ratio of resident to faculty is 1 to 7
- Residents have access to electronic medical resources through the hospitals and the University of Toronto library system
- Research is especially emphasized during training. Residents are expected to give presentations of their projects at the annual Departmental Research Day
- Completing your residency with us means you will be based in a world-class, vibrant, multi-cultural city.
- Our downtown historic St. George campus will place you in the heart of Canada’s largest health care network undertaking innovative medical research.
- The Greater Toronto Area (GTA) can fulfill any interest from professional sports, to literature. We have a bustling theatre scene, a leading fashion design industry and much more.
- Cosmopolitan gems like Chinatown, The Gay Village, Little Italy, the Annex and Kensington Market blend with the natural beauty of Toronto Island, the Scarborough Bluffs and Mississauga’s Greenbelt.
- Often identified as one of the world’s “most livable cities,” Toronto was ranked as one of the world’s “best places to live” in a report by The Economist Intelligence Unit.
Program application language: English
Our program seeks to equip trainees to be the microbiology leaders of the future. Accordingly, we are looking for a cohort of residents that are committed to a career in medical microbiology, keen to advance its evolving role in patient care and are capable of learning, understanding and integrating the large volume of material required.
For further information about the program, please contact the Postgraduate Education Officer at email@example.com.