Western University - General Surgery - London
- Computerized evaluation system both for residents and faculty.
- Computerized procedure logging.
- Self-scheduling for senior residents.
- Protected 5th year study time.
- Resident travel fund. Funding for travel when presenting research at a conference.
- Kelman Center for simulation training.
- Canadian Surgical Technologies and Advanced Robotics (CSTAR)
- Introduction to Surgery Course (Surgical Foundations)
- Surgical Foundations Review Course (2nd year)
- Two week boot-camp for incoming residents
- Interprovincial and International electives may be arranged.
- Ratio of residents to faculty is approximately 25:30 (includes 4 pediatric general surgeons)
- Our residents carry an average load of 10-15 patients.
- There is a 3-month mandatory community rotation.
- Evaluations occur online and residents are required to log cases on-line.
- Annual Resident Research Retreat
- Annual Resident Research Day
- Surgical Foundations Introduction to Surgery Course (1st year)
- Two week surgical bootcamp at start of residency
- Annual Resident Focus Group (retreat)
- Surgical Foundations Refresher Course (2nd year)
- Non-Medical Expert CanMEDS Competency OSCE Exam (4th year)
- Master's of Surgery Program
Host School CaRMS Information Site