Western University - Orthopedic Surgery - London
- Orthopaedic Surgery at Western University has transitioned into a Competency-Based Medical Education (CBME) program in July 2020.
- There are opportunities for inter-provincial and international electives while training in our program.
- There is a mandatory community orthopaedic surgery rotation.
- The ratio of residents to faculty is approximately 25 residents: 29 clinical faculty, and 6 research faculty.
- Plentiful operative exposure with variable in-patient loads depending on hospital site.
- Residents are provided with access to electronic medical and educational resources.
- Research is mandatory in Year 2 to Year 5 of the training program.