Western University - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - London
- Western has a well respected residency program with a consistent history of graduating residents who are well prepared for the Royal College and EMG exams, and who are desirable candidates for competitive fellowships and academic positions.
- Excellent resident to faculty ratio with an engaged, education focused faculty
- Interdisciplinary collaborative care between Physiatry and other specialties (Orthopedics, Plastics, Neurology, etc) providing unique educational experiences for our residents.
- Large, academic, medical community with a full complement of medical services to allow for a comprehensive residency education without need for travel to other centres.
- The city of London provides an excellent setting for resident education, with a combination of beautiful parks and bike trails, excellent cost of living, and a vibrant community with world class concerts, festivals, and dining.
Thank you for your interest in the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry (Western University) Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency program. Our program welcomes all interested applicants to read through the application information carefully and contact us (Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have additional questions. Please ensure your applications are completed by the due date specified by the CaRMS website, so that we can review and send out interview requests in a timely fashion.
Is physiatry right for me?
This is a great question that you should ask yourself prior to your interview. If you have a strong interest in neurology, orthopedics and musculoskeletal medicine, and very much enjoy working in collaboration with others to maximize patients' function and quality of life, this might be the right area of medicine for you.
"How many residency positions do you have this year?"
We have one (1) residency position for the 2021 CaRMS match. As of, July 2021 we will have 7 residents across all years of training, plus the possibility of one or two fellows.
"What is it like to live in London, Ontario?"
It's awesome! Although many factors go into whether someone feels at home in any city, the combination of the vibrant medical community, ease of travel, fantastic cultural festivals, beautiful scenery and a very good cost of living, make London an excellent place to live and learn during residency. Check out London Tourism for more details.
What can I expect during my interview?
Our faculty and residents look forward to CaRMS time each year! It's our opportunity to meet all of you and come together to highlight some of the things that make our program truly special. You will have an opportunity to tour Parkwood Institute and meet the residents, faculty and staff. I know interviews can be stressful, but I hope your visit to London will be informative and enjoyable. See the INTERVIEW section/tab for more details.
Do you actually read my CaRMS application, personal statement and reference letters?
Yes, we actually read your application. Thank you in advance for all your hard work. Please read through each section and ensure your application is complete as we will use it during our selection process.
I have a question that isn't answered on the site. Who do I contact?
Feel free to contact us with any questions and inquiries (email@example.com).